stegi.io 15/01 What is TIME?
- Time is the beginning and the end compressed into NOW.
- If you smell the fragrance of a frangipani flower, what you are doing “right now” is experiencing millions of years of light having compressed itself into mass resulting in the growth of the frangipani bush that allows your consciousness to experience the aroma of the flower “right now”.
- On the basis of Einstein’s equation E=MC² where light = mass, it took the Earth eons to collect light into its gravity-mass to create and issue the soil in which the bush grows. Your smelling of the flower is the end point of continually-creating compounding past into “now” that is so fleeing that the flower dies into its beginning out of gravity almost as ephemerally as the olfactory nerves in your nose are able to experience that fragrance.
- So next time you ponder the philosophy “I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end”, remember, it is all compressed into now.
- A cool antonym to remind me of this is TIN – Time Is Now.
- To follow this website and receive updates directly to your inbox, please click here .
Published by istegi
I imagine stuff. Imagination is the seed of every innovation and the beginning of all knowledge. Every car, boat, bridge and plane originated in imagination. Knowledge or science or physics analyzing how imagined things work can only develop after conception of the imagined things in the minds of those who imagined them. Imagination is thus very important, even although it is simply a fragile indefinable egress of ideas. It is something that cannot be taught or learnt. You cannot get a Doctorate in Imagination from any university, yet universities would not exist without it.
Sir George Cayley philosophised about aircraft lift whilst still at school and later published his ideas in the Journal of Natural Philosophy. He then went on to become an engineer to pursue his dreams and to develop his aerofoil concepts. Thus every aircraft that has ever flown has done so because of the dream of a philosopher who later became a scientist to prove his philosophising and to promote the science that proved it. So please treasure philosophy, and if you are in physics, please do not treat it with derision.
Some imagination is fiction. On the other hand some postulates cannot be proved to be false. If they cannot be proven false they eventually become fact. This even applies to observations of nature - the theories of evolution and of relativity came out of mind but subsequently proven to the satisfaction of science and physics to be fact and not figment. It is not up to figment to provide statistics and data. That is the domain of the sciences. Thus philosophy comes first and science either proves or disproves it.
View more posts